Identification ou Devenez Membre
15180 membres sont enregistrés
Il y a en ce moment 58 personne(s) en ligne.
Vous avez nouveaux messages.

jongle.net :: Voir le sujet - Afghan Children's Circus
Connexion S'enregistrer Liste des Membres Rechercher
Le Site de Jonglerie le plus populaire du Net

jongle.net Index du Forum -> Le chapiteau -> Afghan Children's Circus
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant 
Afghan Children's Circus
MessagePosté le: Jeudi 4 Janvier 2007, 14h43, Sujet: Afghan Children's Circus Répondre en citant
Steven Ragatz

Hey guys,

If you got Juggle magazine last year you may have noticed an add on the
back cover of one of the issues for the MMCC, a children's circus in
Afghanistan. It is a project that I have tried to support (remotely) over
the past couple of year by donating props and trying to share a general
awareness with other jugglers. You can also now donate money directly to
the cause through the IJA's web store via Paypal.

Here are some pictures that I have on my website for the MMCC. (This is
the stuff that smiles are made of!)

This one is a wall in my studio covered with drawings that the kids made
me last year.
http://www.stevenragatz.com/mmcc/mmccwall.jpg

This is the school's new juggling studio that they just built!
http://www.stevenragatz.com/mmcc/gym1.jpg
http://www.stevenragatz.com/mmcc/gym2.jpg

A collage of images:
http://www.stevenragatz.com/mmcc/collage.jpg

And the cutest holiday card I have ever received!
http://www.stevenragatz.com/mmcc/xmas.wmv

I would encourage everyone to check out their site at:
http://www.afghanmmcc.org

Steven Ragatz (Sorry about the English - there's no way I could convey this information correctly with my poor French abilities!)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Numéro ICQ

MessagePosté le: Jeudi 4 Janvier 2007, 15h09, Sujet: Répondre en citant
Mavax
Modérateur

Hop la, ptite traduction pour les non-anglophones :
Bonjour à vous,
Si vous avez eu le Juggle magazine de l'an dernier, vous aurez peut-être remarqué une publicité en 4e de couverture pour une mission du (de la?) MMCC, un cirque pour les enfants en afghanistan. C'est un projet que j'ai essayé de supporter durant ces deux dernières années via des dons de matériel et en essayant de partager cette prise de conscience avec d'autres jongleurs. Il est aussi possible de donner directement des fonds pour cette cause via le magasin on-line de l'IJA (paiement avec paypal).
Ci-joint, quelques images que j'ai sur mon site du MMCC.

Celle ci est un mur de mon studio, couvert par les dessins que les enfants ont fait l'an dernier : -lien-.

Ici, la nouvelle école de cirque qu'ils ont construit il y a peu : -lien-.

Etc...

J'encourage tout le monde a aller jeter un coup d'oeil sur leur site : -lien-.

Steven ragatz.

Désolé si la tradution est mal faite, j'ai fait ce que j'ai pu ... Sourire
En tout cas, beau projet que celui ci, mettre un art au service de l'amour, j'ai toujours adoré !
Anyway, it's a nice project here, i love seeing people using their art and their knowledge to service love ...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail

MessagePosté le: Jeudi 4 Janvier 2007, 17h13, Sujet: Répondre en citant
jb

very nice project.
I hope it will continue very long.

I m eager to see an afgan winning the WJF!!! Grand sourire

Do they work with "clown sans frontieres"? it s also a NGO (french i guess) which is based mostly in estern europe. But they are doing similar project.

MessagePosté le: Vendredi 5 Janvier 2007, 7h38, Sujet: Répondre en citant
Steven Ragatz

There are many similar organizations out there, and lots of opportunities for circus artists to participate. I would encourage people to seek them out (many are local) and join in spreading the social and emotional benefits of juggling, and circus arts in general, to the world. It can only help others and it makes you feel like you've made some difference beyond just performing or juggling as a hobby.

If anyone want further information, feel free to contact me. Thanks.

When I was first contacted by Zach Warren about the MMCC a couple of years ago, he had emailed me asking if I had any suggestions about teaching juggling without using language. After we exchanged a few emails, I asked if this school had any use for old juggling props that I had lying around that I was no longer using. He enthusiastically told me that they would appreciate any prop donations I could make. I asked him to send me a list of what they needed. He sent me a list that included several things, including diabolo string. (I do diabolo, so I understand the importance of replacing the string regularly) I later decided that it would be better to ask him what they already had. So, he sent me another list. This time he listed various props, including the line "one diabolo - no string".

Wow.

That was the revelation for me. When he had said that they needed "diabolo string" he wasn't talking about replacement string, he was saying that they needed _A_ diabolo string!

Funny how things can change perspective so quickly! In response, I ended up sending them a couple of shipments of props. Probably about ten sets of Todd Smith clubs, balls, rings and various sets of diabolos, devil sticks, cigar boxes and miscellaneous equipment. Even though it was "old" to me, I'm told that the equipment is considered their "show" props now. Zach got some others to donate unicycles and other needed things for the school. (That said, I'm not sure if they need more "stuff" or not - getting the props all the way to Afghanistan took quite a bit of work!)

However, Fritz Grobe and I put together a couple of tutorial videos for the kids to learn tricks. This would be the sort of thing that members of this forum could do to help support the organization. I'm sure that the kids would love to see some other jugglers teaching them tricks! Jongle.net people should think about it.

Steven Ragatz
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Numéro ICQ

MessagePosté le: Vendredi 5 Janvier 2007, 11h46, Sujet: Répondre en citant
garnav

They could use my videos, everybody could use them.

More than 1000 tutorial clips. The adress is http://perso.orange.fr/cloon/ see the videos clips in the main page and tutorials clips in "Ressources Videos (left)" then "Video (right)". 400 are online and others clips could be find here on my ftp http://dromaludaire.free.fr/?S=A

And finally you could have some in streaming on youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=garnav new bouncing and balls stuff will be add within the month but "chttt" it's a secret.

I've many "old" props also but for now they would be use in another project in madagascar.

++
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger

MessagePosté le: Vendredi 5 Janvier 2007, 13h15, Sujet: Répondre en citant
Steven Ragatz

Garnav (and everybody),

Those videos look like a great resource! Send some links to the MMCC website and see if they can access them!

The specific issues with this group is that they need to be shown very basic stuff - not just juggling - but juggling in performance as well. My understanding is that the technical level of most of the online videos is too high for most of the kids to find accessible. Also, bandwidth is a big issue there as the Internet connection is highly limited. Heavily compressed footage, but still legible, is preferred over some video art piece.

The kids also appreciated that we did a customized presentation for them and personalized it.

Clearly, this particular organization is but one of many around the globe. We've got many programs here in the states as well. This particular one happens to be something that I've adopted. I would love to hear about others!

Steven Ragatz

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   jongle.net Index du Forum -> Le chapiteau

Afghan Children's Circus